26.1.2012

String pocket



Vihdoin se saapui. String pocket. Haaveilen isommasta kokonaisuudesta, mutta järki sanoo (ja muru myös), ettei suuremmassa määrässä avohyllyjä ole mitään järkeä. Iskin sen keittiön seinälle, ja kyllä näyttää hyvälle. Paitsi seinä, joka meinasi lahota täysin proppujen alta. Muutaman kerran on tullut ihmeteltyä näitä paperiseiniä, jotka murenee käsiin.

Finally it has arrived. String pocket. Designed by swedish architect Nils Strinning, String pocket is part of a bigger shelf unit system, and is indeed Scandinavian design classic. I'm dreaming of larger string bookshelf, although the reason in me (and my partner) tells me there's no point in large amount of open shelves. I placed the shelf on our kitchen wall, and it looks wonderful. Except the wall, that is made of material that crumbles when the screw holes are being made.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti